Saturday, January 3, 2015
So I made a video I was gonna post today, only to find out I can't post a video. Sigh.....so let me just type the start of my journey. I found these little lumps on my left chest, not my breast but my chest.. Finally had them mammogramed, ultra sounded and was told I needed a needle biopsy but "it's probably nothing". Had the procedure on Tuesday. Seems now I have to have "further studies to rule out cancer". The irony of all this is it's not even the little lumps I could feel, but something they found during the mammogram. What are the odds!? So, now I am trying to figure out when do I tell my kids? And what do I tell them? I spent the weekend with a friend who has breast cancer. It was for a wedding and has been planned for a long time, imagine that? It was like God knew I would need that. She shared some things that she does to help her and I've decided to adopt one for myself. I will allow myself to stew and worry a little bit each day, but by 10 am I must put the fear of the unknown out of my mind and focus on my day. Whether I have cancer or wether I don't, I have a life to live today. Time to get to it! So today I am choosing to verbally say either way this experience does not define me.... Only I get to do that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment