Wednesday, May 11, 2011
Thinking.......
So, I have been thinking. Hard to believe huh? It is strange and yet exciting to think about our son getting married. Yet as a mom, I find myself so often drawn to the memory of holding him in my hospital bed and counting his fingers and toes. Looking over each little inch of him to try and soak up the "himness" of him. I longed to know this person whom had grown inside of me. The combination of energy that was created out of the love of Dwayne and I. I remember the early frustration of trying to breastfed and learning in those first few days that this boy had a stubborn streak! How is it that I can remeber those moments like they were yesterday, and yet the past 22 years seem a blur? Life truely does just happen.....If we do not grab onto each moment and surrender ourselves to the adventure of it, we miss it. I pray I taught those two little boys to laugh....really laugh. To love, to never look back, but to just wrap youself in relationships of those you love and to allways further the circle of love to include more and more people. All to soon...........that's what Aunt Gertie used to tell me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment