Tuesday, May 24, 2011

sigh...

I havent been doing very well on my mission to do one selfless act a day. Not because I am a horrible person, I just kept forgetting! Then I would feel guilty when I would remember. How selfish is that to be so busy in my own life, that I can't remember to do something nice for someone else. UGH! Then we went to church yesterday. Since this is kinda my journal and I don't really think anyone out there is reading this, I will divulge myself and expand on Pastor Tim's sermon. He spoke about David and Bathsheba. Now, if you have been brought up in the church you have heard that story many times... I have. I have even heard several different approaches and angles. However, Tim was lead by the spirit to talk about how Davids sin implicated so many people into his sin. It did not just involve him. And yet when called out for his "discretion" (I am being nice!) his initial response is "God, my heart is not right" How often in my life, I ask for forgiveness for the sin. I yearn for God to help me to do better next time.....but have I truly asked God to replace my heart? Not just pardon the sin? Tim went on to say that sometimes we are so hung up on the sin that we don't realize the "bigger" sin.....not allowing God to have control of our hearts. Our every passion, hobby and longing should be for Christ. When I am busy, or tired....cant say that devotions are what comes to my mind. Perhaps my struggle to do a selfless thing each day should be tried again, since God and I had a serious conversation yesterday. I do long to be that person......the one who is a true reflection of Christ.The one that people know......she is different. Not because of my actions, but because they see Him in me!

No comments:

Post a Comment